Thursday, May 5, 2011

Editorial Project // Photo Shoot

The editorial project I've been working on is finally finished! As with all art projects, it's always important to strive for using your own original work, because when putting together a portfolio, it always looks best when it solely consists of your own pieces. I had actually almost changed my "high fashion" concept because of this, but I was determined to make it work.

It wasn't easy getting friends together for the photo shoot of this project since everyone had such busy schedules and we needed to figure out a date & time that worked for everyone. The day before my final was due was the only date that worked, and as if that wasn't bad enough, it started raining when we were finally all set to go, (luckily not for long). I was really nervous because by no means am I a  "photographer." I'd never taken pictures of this nature, and neither of the girls have ever modeled. We quickly learned that it wasn't very simple! Half way through the shoot, Athena had to leave for work, which was a shame because it wasn't until she left that we finally started warming up. Before I post the finished product, I'll share some of the photos from the shoot.

Meet Athena 
I met my best friend, Athena, around the age of 14. We took a gymnastics class together & she was the most hilariously odd person I'd ever met. She introduced me to Harry Potter, smoothies, Persian food (which is delicious,) underage drinking (lol), & I'm sure tons more. After hanging out a few times, we were inseparable ever since. We're always there for each other & I couldn't ask for a better (or more gorgeous,) best friend. She is now 23 years old and going to U of M Dearborn to pursue psychology.  






Meet Amelia
I met Amelia at the restaurant I currently work at. She's the sweetest, more sincere person & always has good advice. She's better at dealing with annoying/rude customers than anyone else I've ever seen. Amelia graduated with a BA in psychology this past year, and is now working full time at a job counseling children with mental disabilities.  I miss working with her quite a bit, but I know her new job is much more fulfilling. She's also a Harry Potter enthusiast, and her boyfriend even carved an elder wand for her, which I thought was awesome!








A big thanks goes out to Athena & Amelia for putting up with all the hassle that went into this!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that last one of Athena. You did such a great job! I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I really liked how that one turned out too. I thought the last one of yours is very lovely as well :)

    ReplyDelete