Saturday, November 26, 2011

Learn to Accept Others


I was reading through positively present today- a blog filled with positive thoughts, good advice and kind words. As I've gotten older, I've begun to realize that nothing good comes from judging others.  Here are a few things that I thought people need to be mindful of:


 
In the grand scheme of things, you have to wonder: who are we to judge what's right or wrong, or the decisions of others? I think it'd be safe to say that we have all made careless decisions but instead of wishing we hadn't, try to think of the good that has come from it. Find contentment in past poor decisions and accept others as well. 

We all have the right to make up their own mind and, regardless of our personal beliefs, we must learn to at least respect each other. This sort of mindset can be very beneficial in a countless number of ways.

a few thoughts..

On a similar note, remember that if you give good advice to a friend, it is ultimately up to them to make choose their own path. We should try to avoid telling people what to do and allow them to reflect on their situation, and assess what's best for them. That way, it's more beneficial since it will give them more strength in the end. More strength to make their own decisions in the future. This will have you from unnecessary frustration if they choose not to abide by your advice, which will also prevent them from pining the blame on others. The only person responsible for our life, and for what is brought on to us, is ourselves.

We tend to make then unconscious decision of seeking advice from others because we are scared to live with our own consequences, and if someone else makes up our mind for us, it is easier deal with that. I think that happens without the realization of what's really going on. The easy way out is never the best way out though. The best way out requires courage, strength, and the ability to take decisions into our own hands. The best way out is usually far from being easy.

A few favorite quotes to end this off: 
"I see it perfectly; there are two possible situations- one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and friendly advise it this: do it or do not do it- you will regret both."
- Soren Kierkegaard

"I do my thing and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I and if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful."
- Frederick Perls
(photo sources: 1 / 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment